The world’s first lab-based Tensor Tomography Solution
The FiberScanner3D solution provides non-destructive 3D tensor tomography capabilities on the Exciscope Polaris X-ray microscope made for laboratory use.
- FiberScanner3D is the first 3D tensor tomography solution available in the laboratory, implemented as an add-on module on Exciscope Polaris, a state-of-the-art phase-contrast X-ray microscope, and complements the standard imaging and tomography capabilities.
- The unique and simple grating design provides rapid mapping of X-ray scattering over a large field of view within a single exposure.
- Robotic-assisted sample manipulation ensures uniform sampling in 3D with high flexibility.
- This advanced imaging method is made accessible for routine operation to the non-expert user via a simple workflow and reconstruction method that ensures high-fidelity results.
- 3D fiber map provides comprehensive information on fiber orientation, volume fraction, and alignment
The FiberScanner3D supplies fiber orientation and fiber alignment maps matching those of the synchrotron quality.
Validation of laboratory-based X-ray Tensor Tomography against the synchrotron implementation of this technique. The inner product of fiber orientation vectors is calculated in each voxel.