The team behind Xnovo Technology ApS represents more than 15 years of experience in synchrotron research. Below is a selection of key publications by the founders of Xnovo Technology ApS in collaboration with scientific colleagues in the field as well as recent publications involving LabDCT.
Research involving the GrainMapper3D™ software
Morphology and Growth Habit of the New Flux-Grown Layered Semiconductor KBiS2 Revealed by Diffraction Contrast Tomography. K. Qu et al., Crystal Growth & Design, (2022), https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.cgd.2c00078
Advanced Acquisition Strategies for Lab-Based Diffraction Contrast Tomography. J. Oddershede et al., Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, (2022). vol. 11, 1-12 (2022).
- 3D Non-Destructive Characterization of Electrical Steels for Quantitative Texture Analysis with Lab-Based X-ray Diffraction Contrast Tomography, J. Sun et al., Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, vol. 10, 551-558, (2021).
- Dynamics of Ga penetration in textured Al polycrystal revealed through multimodal three-dimensional analysis, N. Lu et al., Acta Materialia, vol. 271, 117145, (2021).
Investigation of Relationships between Grain Structure and Inhomogeneous Deformation by Means of Laboratory-Based Multimodal X-Ray Tomography: Strain Accuracy Analysis, M. Kobayashi et al., Experimental Mechanics, vol. 61, 817-828, (2021).
- Crystallographic tomography and molecular modelling of structured organic polycrystalline powders, P. Gajjar et al., CrystEngComm, vol. 23, 2520-2531, (2021)
- Optimizing laboratory X-ray diffraction contrast tomography for grain structure characterization of pure iron, A. Lindkvist et al., Journal of Applied Crystallography, vol. 54, 99-110, (2021)
- Tracking polycrystal evolution non-destructively in 3D by laboratory X-ray diffraction contrast tomography, S. A. McDonald et al., Materials Characterization, vol. 172, 110814, (2021).
- Particle stimulated nucleation revisited in three dimensions: a laboratory-based multimodal X-ray tomography investigation, X. Lei et al., Materials Research Letters, vol. 9, 65-70, (2021).
- Microstructural shift due to post‐deformation annealing in the upper mantle, Y. Boneh et al., Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, doi:10.1029/2020GC009377, (2020).
3D grain structure of an extruded 6061 Al alloy by lab-scale X-ray diffraction contrast tomography (DCT), Y. Zhao et al., Materials Characterization, vol. 177, 110716, (2020).
Unsupervised Deep Learning for Laboratory‑Based Diffraction Contrast Tomography, E. Hovad et al. Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, E. Hovad et al., Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, vol. 9, 315-321, (2020)
- A flexible and standalone forward simulation model for laboratory X-ray diffraction contrast tomography, H. Fang et al., Acta Cryst. A76, 1-12, (2020).
- Characterization of metals in four dimensions, A.J. Shahani et al., Materials Research Letters, vol. 12, 462-476 (2020).
- Dynamics of particle-assisted abnormal grain growth revealed through integrated three-dimensional microanalysis, N. Lu et al., Acta Materialia, vol. 195, 1-12 (2020)
- 3D Crystal Orientation Mapping of Recrystallization in Severely Cold-rolled Pure Iron Using Laboratory Diffraction Contrast Tomography, J. Sun et al., ISIJ International, vol. 60(3), 528-533 (2020)
- Statistics and Reproducibility of Grain Morphologies and Crystallographic Orientations Mapped by Laboratory Diffraction Contrast Tomography, J. Sun et al., IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng., 580, 012046 (2019)
- Integral mean curvature analysis of 3D grain growth: Linearity of dV/dt and mean grain volume, B.R. Patterson et al., IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng., 580, 012020 (2019)
- Non-destructive three-dimensional crystallographic orientation analysis of olivine using laboratory diffraction contrast tomography, M. J. Pankhurst et al., Mineralogical Magazine, vol. 83(5), 705-711 (2019)
- PolyProc: A Modular Processing Pipeline for X-ray Diffraction Tomography, J. Kang et al., Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, vol. 8(3), 388-399 (2019)
- 3D grain reconstruction from laboratory diffraction contrast tomography, F. Bachmann et al., J. Appl. Cryst., vol. 52, 643-651 (2019)
- A Forward Modeling Approach to High-Reliability Grain Mapping by Laboratory Diffraction Contrast Tomography (LabDCT), S. Niverty et al., JOM, vol. 71(8), 2695-2704 (2019)
- Non-destructive Characterization of Polycrystalline Materials in 3D by Laboratory Diffraction Contrast Tomography, J. Oddershede et al., Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, vol. 8(2), 217-225 (2019)
- Grain boundary wetting correlated to the grain boundary properties: A laboratory-based multimodal X-ray tomography investigation, J. Sun et al., Scripta Materialia, vol. 163, 77-81 (2019)
- Integrated imaging in three dimensions: Providing a new lens on grain boundaries, particles, and their correlations in polycrystalline silicon, R. Keinan et al., Acta Materialia, vol. 148, 225-234 (2018)
- Microstructural evolution during sintering of copper particles studied by laboratory diffraction contrast tomography (LabDCT), S. A. McDonald et al, Sci. Rep., vol. 7(1), 5251 (2017)
- Diffraction Contrast Tomography in the Laboratory – Applications and Future Directions, C. Holzner et al., Micros. Today, vol. 24, no. 4, 34–43 (2016)
- Non-destructive mapping of grain orientations in 3D by laboratory X-ray microscopy, S. A. McDonald et al., Sci. Rep., vol. 5 , 14665 (2015)
- Three-dimensional grain mapping by x-ray diffraction contrast tomography and the use of Friedel pairs in diffraction data analysis, W. Ludwig et al., Rev. Sci. Inst., vol. 80, 033905, (2009)
- X-ray diffraction contrast tomography: a novel technique for three-dimensional grain mapping of polycrystals. I. Direct beam case, W. Ludwig et al., J. Appl. Cryst., vol. 41, 302-309, (2008)
- Three-dimensional maps of grain boundaries and the stress state of individual grains in polycrystals and powders, H.F. Poulsen et al., J. Appl. Cryst., vol. 34, 751-756, (2001)
- Tracking: a method for structural characterization of grains in powders or polycrystals, E.M. Lauridsen et al., J. Appl. Cryst. ,vol. 34, 744-750 (2001)
Macroscopic mapping of microscale fibers in freeform injection molded fiber-reinforced composites using X-ray scattering tensor tomography, J. Kim et al. Composites Part B: Engineering, (2022), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2022.109634
Fast and quantitative 2D and 3D orientation mapping using Raman microscopy, O. Ilchenko et al., Nature Communications, vol. 10, 5555 (2019).
- Diffractive small angle X-ray scattering imaging for anisotropic structures, M. Kagias et al., Nature Communications, vol. 10, 5130 (2019).
Interested in more scientific references? Let us know